Nuuksio National Park is an exceptional nature sanctuary in the Helsinki region, very close to Helsinki downtown. This relaxed wilderness canoeing trip takes you to scenic wilderness lakes Kattilajärvi and Vääräjärvi and peaceful forests in Nuuksio.
Program in a nutshell
- Guided canoeing trip in Nuuksio National Park
- Suitable for beginners
- Guiding in English and Finnish
- Transportation from Espoon keskus/Espoo Centre or by own car to the starting place.
- Scheduled and private trips, group size 1-10 persons (bigger group on request)
- Season: May – October
- Payment with credit card (PayPal) or Epassi
Programback to top
Before we start our canoe trip our experienced guide briefs canoeing safety and basic paddling technique. We launch the canoes and paddle on wilderness lakes of Nuuksio National Park. In the middle of our excursion, we’ll have a coffee and snack break by the lake. You can also dip into the clean water forest lake on the break.
After the break, we paddle easy pace back to the place we started our canoeing. We will carry the canoes a short distance between two lakes. So, this trip requires a bit of sporty attitude.
Activity duration is 3,5 hours + transportation time.
Please, get acquainted with safety and general instructions for day tours and families with children on a canoeing trip in Nuuksio.
What is included
- Professional guiding and guide’s services
- All required canoeing equipment (Indian canoes, paddle, floating vest, rain ponchos when needed)
- Transportation included from Espoon keskus (Espoo Centre) train station. Optional transfer from Helsinki.
- Water bottles, hot drink (coffee/tea), Carelian pastry, and snack-cookie on the break
Book a scheduled tripback to top
- few places
- fully booked
Book a Private Programback to top
Frequently Asked Questionsback to top
Where in Nuuksio National Park are we canoeing?
Our wilderness canoeing base located by Lake Kattilajärvi and separated by a short neck of land there is another stunningly scenic lake, Vääräjärvi. We are normally canoeing on these two lakes and on an extended tour, we can also drop by Lake Urja. Combined 13 km of shoreline and 100 hectares water surface, surrounded by tranquil forests and rugged crags offer a breathtaking venue for a wilderness canoeing adventure. In the middle of a canoeing trip, we can also do a hiking trip in the national park. Canoeing distance on a scheduled trip is typically 5 – 7 km. See the area in Google Maps
Can I join myself on a scheduled tour?
You are warmly welcome! We paddle with tandem canoes, but you can very well join the tour by yourself and we will find one to share a canoe with. The same applies of course if you are three, five or even seven 😃.
We are a family with children. Can we do a canoeing trip?
Families with children are warmly welcome to our canoeing trips in Nuuksio National Park. We can organize a private trip and adapt our standard program according to your wishes. Children can also participate with adults in our scheduled canoeing trips. Please read more about Families with Children on a Canoeing Trip.