When the presentiment of the sun gives the nature its blue – purple – orange – colours we make our first moves into snow-covered nature of Lapland. It is the best time for the snowshoe walks in the silent woodland and hilly grounds of the fell area in the Finnish West Lapland.
This tour takes us to Finnish West Lapland, Fell areas in the national park of Pallas-Yllästunturi and its surroundings. We start in the middle of the Fell chain area on the shores of Jerisjärvi Lake next to the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. Every day we make 11- 16 km tours in varying woodland and fell areas. We reach the fell tops on our way and weather allowing have great views to the surrounding fell and lake areas. We have our breaks in Lappish Tepees (Kota) and modest forest and fell huts. Our overnighting places are well-heated cosy cottages with sauna.
Program in a nutshell
- Guided snowshoe tour in Finnish Lapland from hut to hut
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 activity days
- Duration of daily activity 5 – 6 hours
- Main guiding language is English, group size 4-12 persons
- Price 905 € / person
Programback to top
- Day 1 – Arrival day. Transfer (optional) from Kittilä airport to Rauhala Village. A short introduction to the next days’ program. Dinner and overnight stay in cabins or rooms for 2-3 persons.
- Day 2 – A day for orientation, we make a shorter trip in the surrounding area. Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 3 – After breakfast, we make our luggage ready for transportation to the next overnight place. The guide tells about the program and route of the tour. The route takes us first to Lake Keimiöjärvi and then after to a little Village of Rasti. In Rasti we have our evening meal, sauna and overnight stay.
- Day 4 – Today we continue snowshoeing along the sides of Pallastunturi Hill towards our next destination of village Kerässieppi. Dinner and sauna.
- Day 5 – From Kerässieppi we head over Pallastunturi Fells to our overnight place in Harrisaajo, where we will have dinner and sauna. The huts in Harrisaajo can be called semi-wilderness type huts as they have electricity, a toilet is outside. Sauna is a traditional Finnish wood-heated sauna.
- Day 6 – We make a day tour from Harrisaajo to the surrounding Fell areas and Rihmakuru valley. Lunch break in a tepee on the open fire.
- Day 7 – On our last day we hike from Harrisaajo to Pallastunturi and get transported back to our basecamp in Rauhala.
- Day 8 – Departure day, breakfast at Rauhala.
Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances, minor changes to the program are possible.
The guide speaks Finnish and English. In international groups the main guiding language is English. Language assistance can given also in German and French when needed. The tour is suitable for adults and youth 16 years and older.
What is included
- Guidance and guide’s services
- Board as mentioned in the program: breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, accommodation
- Rent of equipment: snow shoes, poles, warm winter boots, warm overall and mittens (if needed)
- Transportation of luggage during the program
- Bus transportation according to the program including return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
- Additional day and night in Rauhala (full board) 94 €, (limited availability, check availablity before booking)
- Rent of sleeping bag, 32 € / week
Accommodation for the first night and two last nights in the base camp Rauhala in a holiday cabins or room for 2-3 persons. During the tour accommodation in wilderness huts and holiday cottages in rooms for 2, 4 or 6 people. Most of the cottages have electricity and running water. Sauna is available every evening.
Photosback to top
Book a scheduled tripback to top
- few places
- fully booked
|Sat, 25 Jan 2020 - Sat, 1 Feb 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 1 Feb 2020 - Sat, 8 Feb 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 8 Feb 2020 - Sat, 15 Feb 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 15 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Feb 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 22 Feb 2020 - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 29 Feb 2020 - Sat, 7 Mar 2020 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 7 Mar 2020 - Sat, 14 Mar 2020 ( 905 €, deposit: 200 €)|
|Sat, 14 Mar 2020 - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 Unconfirmed|
If you are interested in an unconfirmed start date, please send us a request. Thank you!
Terms and conditionsback to top
Health, safety and insuranceAny medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy) or other issue which could influence performance during the trip as well as special diets should be informed to the organiser well before the tour. Take possible personal medication and prescriptions packed in a waterproof package. We recommend that you take an travel insurance with a cancellation cover for your flights and holiday. With an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can receive necessary medical treatment for free or at a reduced cost in Finland, however the card does not render travel insurance obsolete.
How to get thereWe start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä, about 30 minutes drive from Kittilä Airport (KTT). We can arrange transfer from any flight arriving to or departing from Kittilä. Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Price and reservation informationDeposit (reservation fee) is 200 € / person . Deposit is primarily paid with credit card on booking. Final payment is due 12 days prior to tour start and it can be paid with credit card or bank transfer (IBAN) . After you have reserved flight or other tickets, please send us arrival/departure times and flight codes, so we can pick you up right time from the airport or inform about arrival to Rauhala. Please inform us also any health/medical conditions or special diets, we should take into consideration. If the passenger cancels the booking for no particular reason (see Package Travel Act, § 15) at least 12 days before the departure date the cancellation cost is equal to booking fee. Later cancelations are assessed the entire program fee . Office fee is 75€/person (in case of changes or cancellations defined in Package Travel Act). The company (Netgalleria Oy - Feel The Nature Treks ) is a package holiday company registered by Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and it has lodged security against advance payments for travel. This tour is a package defined in Finnish Package Travel Act. For more information: http://www.kkv.fi/en/ . Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances changes to the program are possible.
Equipment and clothingback to top
Personal Equipment Check list
- Ski suit or other suitable outer layer (jacket, pants) clothing
- Woolly hat, warm gloves
- Long underwear
- Thin fleece and long sleeve thermal
- Scarf / hood
- Wind proof jacket with hood, scarf
- Socks – Medium thickness wool / synthetic socks or medium socks teamed with a liner.
- Backpack for day trips, Thermos bottle
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion
- Warm winter boots
- Comfortable clothing for cottage and evenings
- Flash light or headlamp
- Towels, toiletries
- Hut slippers
- Sleeping bag (night temperatures in the wilderness cabin can be between +10 – +15 °C)
- Personal medications, Basic first aid kit, Blister kit (athletic tape, Compeed)
Prepare for colder ski-days before mid-March with:
- warmer ski gloves/mittens
- extra second layer (synthetic/wool) or warmer ski suit