- Guided snowshoe tour in Finnish Lapland from hut to hut
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 activity days
- Duration of daily activity 5 – 6 hours
- Main guiding language is English, group size 4-12 persons
- Price 855 € / person
This tour takes us to Finnish West Lapland, Fell areas in the national park of Pallas-Yllästunturi and its surroundings. We start in the middle of the Fell chain area on the shores of Jerisjärvi Lake next to the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. Every day we make 11- 16 km tours in varying woodland and fell areas. We reach the fell tops on our way and weather allowing have great views to the surrounding fell and lake areas. We have our breaks in Lappish Tepees (Kota) and modest forest and fell huts. Our overnighting places are well-heated cosy cottages with sauna.
Day programback to top
- Day 1 – Arrival day. Transfer from Kittilä airport to the overnighting place. A short introduction into the coming days’ program. Dinner and overnight stay in cabins or rooms for 2 persons.
- Day 2 – In the morning we pack our luggage for the transportation. Our route goes along the hilly grounds of Koivakero and Keimiöjävi. After lunch break we continue more along the Fell Keimiö. The day distance is 15 km. In our overnighting place sauna and dinner.
- Day 3 – From Keimiö we continue through the woods across the fell of Sammaltunturi taking a lunch break in Mustakero cottage (6 km). After the break our steps leads us to Lommoltunturi fell and finally to your overnighting place in Pallasjärvi. The day tour is 11 km mostly on the fells.
- Day 4 – Our destination for today is Harrisaajo. The route goes 11 km in varying forest areas. Lunch break at a wooden Lappish Kota.
- Day 5 – We make a day tour to the surrounding Fell areas and Rihmakuru, lunch break we make in a kota.
- Day 6 – Weather permitting we make another day with a breath taking view from the fell tops. From the Pallas Fells we go down to the information centre of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. Our day distance is 13 km. Bus transfer to our starting point at Jerisjärvi Lake where we have dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 7 – Today we make a day tour in the surrounding forest and hilly grounds. Our route goes via Kesälaki and Mustakero and back. The day distance is 13 km. On Kesälaki lunch break at an open fire in a wooden Lappish Kota (Tepee). In the evening dinner and Sauna.
- Day 8 – Departure day. After breakfast transfer to Kittilä airport.
Accommodation for the first night and two last nights in the base camp Rauhala in a holiday cabins or room for 2 persons. During the tour accommodation in wilderness huts and holiday cottages in rooms for 2, 4 or 6 people. Most of the cottages have electricity and running water. Sauna is available every evening.
Price of the snowshoe program includes:
- Guidance and guide’s services
- Board as mentioned in the program: breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, accommodation
- Rent of equipment: snow shoes, poles, warm winter boot, warm overall and mittens (if needed), sleeping bags
- Transportation of luggage during the program
- Bus transportation according to the program including return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
The guide speaks Finnish and English. In international groups the main guiding language is English. Language assistance can given also in German and French when needed. The tour is suitable for adults and youth 16 years and older.
- Additional day and night in Rauhala (full board) 88 €
Starts:back to top
- Ski suit or other suitable outer layer (jacket, pants) clothing
- Woolly hat, warm gloves
- Long underwear
- Thin fleece and long sleeve thermal
- Scarf / hood
- Wind proof jacket with hood, scarf
- Socks – Medium thickness wool / synthetic socks or medium socks teamed with a liner.
- Backpack for day trips, Thermos bottle
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion
- Warm winter boots
- Comfortable clothing for cottage and evenings
- Flash light or headlamp
- Towels, toiletries
- Hut slippers
- Personal medications, Basic first aid kit, Blister kit (athletic tape, Compeed)
- warmer ski gloves/mittens
- extra second layer (synthetic/wool) or warmer ski suit
Start dates will be announced later. Please let us know, what date would suit you best?
Additional information for activity programs in Laplandback to top
Health, safety and insurance
Any medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy) or other issue which could influence performance during the trip as well as special diets should be informed to the organiser well before the tour. Take possible personal medication and prescriptions packed in a waterproof package.
We recommend that you take an travel insurance with a cancellation cover for your flights and holiday. With an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can receive necessary medical treatment for free or at a reduced cost in Finland, however the card does not render travel insurance obsolete.
How to get there
We start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä, about 30 minutes drive from Kittilä Airport (KTT). Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Price and reservation information
Deposit (reservation fee) is 200 € / person . Final payment is due 12 days prior to tour start. We send you invoices for both payments. Primary payment method is bank transfer (IBAN). If you need credit card payment option, please let us know. Credit card convenience fee 2,5% for whole sum will be added to final payment .
After you have reserved flight or other tickets, please send us arrival/departure times and flight codes, so we can pick you up right time from the airport or inform about arrival to Rauhala. Please inform us also any health/medical conditions or special diets, we should take into consideration.
If the passenger cancels the booking for no particular reason (see Package Travel Act, § 15) at least 12 days before the departure date the cancellation cost is equal to booking fee. Later cancelations are assessed the entire program fee . Office fee is 75€/person (in case of changes or cancellations defined in Package Travel Act).
The company (Netgalleria Oy – Feel The Nature Treks ) is a package holiday company registered by Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and it has lodged security against advance payments for travel. This tour is a package defined in Finnish Package Travel Act. For more information: http://www.kkv.fi/en/ .
Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances changes to the program are possible.
Personal Equipment Check list
Prepare for colder ski-days before mid-March with: