An unforgettable ski trek through the picturesque Pallas-Yllästunturi National park, through the unspoiled wilderness of the treeless Lappish tundra and serene forests. We ski traditional style with a relaxed pace from cabin to cabin and have coffee and lunch breaks in small cabins and Lappish tepees.
- Guided cross-country ski tour in Finnish Lapland from hut to hut
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 skiing days
- Total distance 150 km, typical day trip 20-30 km, classic style
- Main guiding language is English, group size 2-12 persons
- Price 870 € / person
After a brisk skiing day we chill out in a bath in a sauna and have a delicious dinner. Some days we stay the night in simple huts and cabins, where the only comforts are a wood-heated sauna, a tasty meal, good company and warm sleeping bag. We transport luggage from cabin to cabin. On ski track you need only a small backpack for lunch, warm drink and accessories for that day.Visit to a nature information center in Pallastunturi gives you an excellent insight into the Lappish traditions and nature – flora and fauna.
Day Programback to top
- Day 1 – Transportation from Kittilä airport to Rauhala. Overnight accommodation in a holiday cabin or in the rooms for 2 persons. Dinner and accommodation.
- Day 2 – After breakfast the guide will tell about the week’s program and the first days ski tour. We will pack our luggage for the transportation and after that start the skiing tour from Rauhala to Keimiöjärvi and from there onwards to Keimiö. Sauna, dinner and overnight stay. Day trip approx. 25 km through varying woodland.
- Day 3 – From Keimiö the trek continues to Pallastunturi. At the Information centre of the Pallas-Ounas National Park we will have possibility to learn more about the nature of this area, – it’s flora and fauna – from an exhibition and slide show. From Pallas we continue along the Pallas Fells to Kerässieppi/Raattama. The day tour is approx. 33 km through forest and fell grounds.
- Day 4 – Today we will make a day tour from Raattama in the surrounding forest and fell areas. Lunch break at an open fire or in a hut. The day distance is ca. 20 km.
- Day 5 – This day we continue northwards through wooden landscape to Hannukuru wilderness cabin, where we will have a break. From Hannukuru we continue our tour over open fells to Hietajärvi lake and Pippovuoma swamp. After crossing Ounasjoki we will reach Ketomella and our wilderness cabin. The day tour is approx. 31 km.
- Day 6 – In the morning we ski to the wilderness hut of Sioskuru, and continue along the Pyhäkero Fells to the wilderness cabin in Pyhäkero. After a break we ski onwards to Hetta. Our daytrip is approx. 30 km. The landscape is wooded and open fell ground. In the afternoon transfer by bus to Rauhala.
- Day 7 – We will do a day trip from Rauhala in the surrounding area. Lunch break in a teepee (kota) on open fire. Day distance 20 km through varying woodland.
- Day 8 – Breakfast in Rauhala, departure.
Accommodation for the first night and two last nights in the base camp Rauhala in a holiday cabins or room for 2 persons. During the tour accommodation in wilderness huts and holiday cottages in rooms for 2, 4 or 6 people. Most of the cottages have electricity and running water. Sauna is available every evening.
On this tour you should have earlier cross-country skiing experience and be able to ski 5 km / hour in varying terrain ( on track), max. 35 km/day.
- Guidance and guide’s services
- Full board as mentioned in the program: breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, accommodation
- Transportation for the luggage during the program
- Bus transportation according to the program
- Return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
- Additional nights in Rauhala (full board), 88 € / night
- Rent of skiing equipment (Nordic cross-country skis, poles and ski boots), 75 € / week
- Rent of sleeping bags, 32 € / week
Starts:back to top
- Ski suit or other suitable outer layer (jacket, pants) clothing for skiing
- Woolly hat, warm ski gloves
- Long underwear
- Thin fleece and long sleeve thermal
- Scarf / hood
- Wind proof jacket with hood, scarf
- Socks – Medium thickness wool / synthetic socks or medium socks teamed with a liner.
- Skis (classic style, max 55 mm wide), poles and ski boots, ski wax
- Backpack for day trips, Thermos bottle
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion
- Warm winter boots
- Comfortable clothing for cottage and evenings
- Flash light or headlamp
- Towels, toiletries
- Hut slippers
- Sleeping bag (night temperatures in the wilderness cabin can be between +10 – +15 °C)
- Personal medications, Basic first aid kit, Blister kit (athletic tape, Compeed)
- warmer ski gloves/mittens
- extra second layer (synthetic/wool) or warmer ski suit
Start dates will be announced later. Please let us know, what date would suit you best?
Additional information for activity programs in Laplandback to top
Health, safety and insurance
Any medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy) or other issue which could influence performance during the trip as well as special diets should be informed to the organiser well before the tour. Take possible personal medication and prescriptions packed in a waterproof package.
We recommend that you take an travel insurance with a cancellation cover for your flights and holiday. With an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can receive necessary medical treatment for free or at a reduced cost in Finland, however the card does not render travel insurance obsolete.
How to get there
We start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä, about 30 minutes drive from Kittilä Airport (KTT). Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Price and reservation information
Deposit (reservation fee) is 200 € / person . Final payment is due 12 days prior to tour start. We send you invoices for both payments. Primary payment method is bank transfer (IBAN). If you need credit card payment option, please let us know. Credit card convenience fee 2,5% for whole sum will be added to final payment .
After you have reserved flight or other tickets, please send us arrival/departure times and flight codes, so we can pick you up right time from the airport or inform about arrival to Rauhala. Please inform us also any health/medical conditions or special diets, we should take into consideration.
If the passenger cancels the booking for no particular reason (see Package Travel Act, § 15) at least 12 days before the departure date the cancellation cost is equal to booking fee. Later cancelations are assessed the entire program fee . Office fee is 75€/person (in case of changes or cancellations defined in Package Travel Act).
The company (Netgalleria Oy – Feel The Nature Treks ) is a package holiday company registered by Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and it has lodged security against advance payments for travel. This tour is a package defined in Finnish Package Travel Act. For more information: http://www.kkv.fi/en/ .
Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances changes to the program are possible.
Personal Equipment Check list
Prepare for colder ski-days before mid-March with:
There is limited mobile coverage on the area. In some areas where you cannot make a phone call, you could anyway send/receive SMS.
If you rent skiing equipment package from us, you can use your own ski boots with Salomon SNS Classic – bindings.