Rauhala Village by Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park is located ca. 200 km north from The Arctic Circle. This hiking program leads us treeless arctic hills and forests of Finnish West-Lapland in the surroundings of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. During the tour we experience and learn nature, local culture and way of living in The Arctic.
- Guided hiking and canoeing week in Finnish Lapland
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 5 hiking days, 1 canoeing day
- Day trips from base camp guesthouse, typical hiking trip 13-16 km per day
- Main guiding language is English, group size 2 – 12 persons
- Price 820 € / person (incl. vat)
We start our daily hiking trips from the shores of the Jerisjärvi Lake to the surrounding fells, forests and lakes. During our week in unique Lappish nature we will conquer seven fells and canoe over a fishy lake. We learn about reindeer herding and the everyday life in Lapland now and before. We cook and grill our meal over an open fire.
During the week the guide tells about the specialties of Lapland; reindeer herding, northern lights, vivid autumn colors (ruska time), polar night, mid summer time and other aspects of the Lappish life and nature.
- Day 1 – Arrival day. Dinner and overnight in Rauhala. Accommodation in holiday cabins or in rooms for 2 persons.
- Day 2 – After the breakfast the guide briefs us about the program of coming hiking week. We start our first day hiking tour through the woods and over the hill Järvilaki along the Old horse road. We hike today 15 km in varying woodland areas and hilly grounds. During the week days time the guide tells about the surrounding nature.
- Day 3- 6 – Every hiking day we make some 13-16 km hiking tours in varying woodland and fell areas. One of days is a canoeing day, when we paddle with Indian canoes on the Jerisjärvi Lake and visit the old fishermen’s huts, where the guide tells about the life around the Jerisjärvi Lake fishing livelihood, true stories and tales.
- Day 7 – We start our tour with bus drive to Pallas – Yllästunturi National Parks visitor center. There we see a multimedia show about the flora and fauna of the area. Our hiking tour leads us from Pallas to Lake Sarvijärvi, where we make our lunch break. In the late afternoon time we will drive back to our overnight place at Rauhala and enjoy our last meal together in Lappish surroundings.
- Day 8 – Departure day. After the breakfast transfer to Kittilä airport.
Accommodation in the base camp Rauhala in a holiday cabins or rooms for 3-4 persons (limited availability of double, and single rooms) . Sauna is available every evening.
Prices in include:
- guidance and guide’s services
- full board as mentioned in the programme: breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, accommodation
- bus transportation according to the program
- rent of canoeing equipment on canoeing day
- airport transfer (Kittilä Airport)
- accommodation in a double room, 7 nights: 120 € / 2 persons (limited availability)
- accommodation in a single room, 7 nights: 270 € / person (limited availability)
Starts:back to top
- Sat 11 Aug 2018 open for reservations, unconfirmed
- Sat 25 Aug 2018 open for reservations, unconfirmed
- Sat 1 Sep 2018 open for reservations, unconfirmed
- Sat 8 Sep 2018 open for reservations, unconfirmed
To make reservation enter your information in the form below, please. After receiving your reservation we will send you confirmation, more information and invoice for the reservation fee. Do not reserve flight or other tickets before receiving the confirmation.
Additional information for activity programs in Laplandback to top
Health, safety and insurance
Any medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy) or other issue which could influence performance during the trip as well as special diets should be informed to the organiser well before the tour. Take possible personal medication and prescriptions packed in a waterproof package.
We recommend that you take an travel insurance with a cancellation cover for your flights and holiday. With an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can receive necessary medical treatment for free or at a reduced cost in Finland, however the card does not render travel insurance obsolete.
How to get there
We start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä, about 30 minutes drive from Kittilä Airport (KTT). Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Price and reservation information
Deposit (reservation fee) is 200 € / person . Final payment is due 12 days prior to tour start. We send you invoices for both payments. Primary payment method is bank transfer (IBAN). If you need credit card payment option, please let us know. Credit card convenience fee 2,5% for whole sum will be added to final payment .
After you have reserved flight or other tickets, please send us arrival/departure times and flight codes, so we can pick you up right time from the airport or inform about arrival to Rauhala. Please inform us also any health/medical conditions or special diets, we should take into consideration.
If the passenger cancels the booking for no particular reason (see Package Travel Act, § 15) at least 12 days before the departure date the cancellation cost is equal to booking fee. Later cancelations are assessed the entire program fee . Office fee is 75€/person (in case of changes or cancellations defined in Package Travel Act).
The company (Netgalleria Oy – Feel The Nature Treks ) is a package holiday company registered by Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and it has lodged security against advance payments for travel. This tour is a package defined in Finnish Package Travel Act. For more information: http://www.kkv.fi/en/ .
Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances changes to the program are possible.
Personal Equipment Check list
- Outdoor clothes and shoes suitable also for windy and rainy conditions
- Wind proof jacket with hood, hat, scarf, gloves
- Socks – woollen/synthetic socks (optionally teamed with a liner)
- Extra (long sleeve/long pants) second layer (synthetic/wool) for cooler days
- Spare clothes
- Comfortable clothing for evenings
- Backpack for day trips, drink bottle (Thermos bottle)
- Insect repellent/insect hat
- Sunglasses, sun lotion
- Toiletries, swimming suit
- Personal medications, basic first aid kit, blister kit (athletic tape, Compeed)
- Camera, notebook