This ski tour on Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park takes you to the serene snow wilderness of Finnish West Lapland. A professional guide leads us in silent woods and on majestic treeless hills – Tunturi in Finnish. In the middle of our day we have a lunch break in small huts or tepees where campfire gives light and warmth to our rest and relaxation.
- Professionally guided backcountry ski tour in Finnish Lapland from hut to hut
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 skiing days
- Duration of a skiing day is 5 – 6 hours
- Main guiding language is English, group size 4-12 persons
- Price 870 € / person
During this ski tour we ski with touring skis partly on prepared ski tracks as well on snow mobile tracks and wind-hardened snow blanket on open hill areas. Rent of skiing equipment is included in the package. The luggage will be transported from cabin to cabin, so on ski track you need only a small backpack for lunch, warm drink and accessories for that day. Duration of a skiing day is 5 – 6 hours.
After a brisk skiing day we relax in a bath in a sauna and have a delicious dinner. We stay the night in simple but cosy huts, where the only comforts are a wood-heated sauna, a tasty meal, good company and warm sleeping bag.
Polar night, in Finnish Kaamos, starts here at this latitude on the 4th of December and continues till 10th of January. During this time the sun is not to be seen above the horizon. However, it is not as dire as it may sound – during the Polar Nights the landscape is covered in snow, beautifully reflecting the light of the stars above. Twilight around noon – and headlamps – gives enough light to our trek. The time of the Polar Nights is the perfect time to watch the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
We start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä. Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). Kittilä airport is about 30 min drive from Rauhala. Read more how to get to Rauhala.
- Day 1 – Arrival day. Transfer (optional) from Kittilä airport to Rauhala Village. A short introduction into the next days program. Dinner and overnight stay in cabins or rooms for 2-3 persons.
- Day 2 – After breakfast we make our luggage ready for transportation to the next overnight place. The guide tells about the program and route of the tour. Before start we test ski equipment and the tour begins. Ski route takes us first to Lake Keimiöjärvi and then after to a little Village of Rasti. In Rasti we have our evening meal, sauna and overnight stay.
- Day 3 – We start our touring to from Rasti Village to Fell Sammaltunturi and old Reindeer herders’ hut. After our break we will continue on the side of open hills (tunturi) to Pyhäjoki River and further to Pallasjärvi Lake where we have dinner, sauna and overnight stay.
- Day 4 – From Pallasjärvi we head our skis to Pallastunturi Fell and from tehre to our overnight place in Harrisaajo, where we will have dinner and sauna.
- Day 5 – We make a day tour from Harrisaajo to the surrounding Fell areas and Rihmakuru valley. Lunch break in tepee on open fire.
- Day 6 – Weather permitting we make another day with a breath taking view from the fell tops. From the Pallas Fells we go down to the information centre of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. We learn about the nature and history of the area in the center through exhibition and multimedia show. Bus transfer to our starting point at Jerisjärvi Lake where we have dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 7 – Our last skiing day takes us to a day trip from Rauhala through snow covered tranquil woods and hilly grounds.
- Day 8 – Departure day, breakfast at Rauhala.
Price of the the ski tour program is 870 € (incl. VAT). The price includes:
- guidance and guide’s services
- board as mentioned in the program: breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, accommodation
- rent of equipment: touring skis, poles, ski boots; sleeping bag for cottage nights
- transportation of luggage during the program
- bus transportation according to the program including return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
- Additional day and night in Rauhala (full board) 88 €
Method of payment: prepayment to a bank account or credit card (2,5 % convenience fee added to credit card payments)
Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances minor changes to the program are possible.
Starts:back to top
Start dates will be announced later. Please let us know, what date would suit you best?