Forests in Finland are a real treasure if you like foraging berries or mushrooms. Picking berries and mushrooms in tranquil forests is relaxing and fun.
Northern clean nature and summer with long sunny days and white nights give an incredibly delicious taste to berries and fungi. It is not only the aroma – Finnish wild berries and mushrooms are clean and healthy; they contain huge amounts of important vitamins, flavonoids, fibres, and anti-oxidants. The berry season begins in mid-July when blueberries are ripened.
During covid-19 pandemic we have special arrangements for everybody’s safety: the tour does not include shared transportation from Helsinki and we serve simplified snack (tea/coffee and snack cookie included). We have also special pricing starting from 65€/person (85€/person year 2019). Please read the details below.
Program in a nutshell
- Guided hiking trip with berry and mushroom picking in Nuuksio National Park
- Guiding in English and Finnish
- Private group size 1-10 persons (bigger private group on request)
- Season: Mid-July – October
Programback to top
This guided nature hike takes you to the best foraging places in Nuuksio National Park. We hike 3-5 km in varying terrain, small forest paths and off-track. The guide tells about foraging and what it is allowed and safe to pick. After picking berries and mushrooms in the forest it’s time to taste them on a break with fresh coffee or tea and snack by the campfire.
Duration of a trip is ca. 3.5 hours in nature. Starting point depends on the date, group, and conditions, and it is informed you before the trip.
Please, get acquainted to safety and general instructions for our day tours.
What is included
- Guiding and guide’s services
- Coffee/tea, juice, snack cookie on the break by the campfire
- Tasting of picked berries and mushrooms
- Rent of waterproof rubber boots and rain ponchos when needed.
Photosback to top
Book a scheduled tripback to top
- few places
- fully booked