Forests in Finland are a real treasure if you like foraging berries or mushrooms. Picking berries and mushrooms in tranquil forests is relaxing and fun.
Northern clean nature and summer with long sunny days and white nights give an incredibly delicious taste to berries and fungi. It is not only the aroma – Finnish wild berries and mushrooms are clean and healthy; they contain huge amounts of important vitamins, flavonoids, fibres, and anti-oxidants. The berry season begins in mid-July when blueberries are ripened.
Program in a nutshell
- Guided hiking trip with berry and mushroom picking in Nuuksio National Park
- Return transportation from Helsinki
- Guiding in English and Finnish
- Scheduled and private trips, group size 1-8 persons (bigger private group on request)
- Season: Mid-July – October
Programback to top
This guided nature hike takes you to the best foraging places in Nuuksio National Park. We hike 3-5 km in varying terrain, small forest paths and off-track. The guide tells about foraging and what it is allowed and safe to pick. After picking berries and mushrooms in the forest it’s time to taste them on a break with fresh coffee or tea and snack by the campfire.
Duration of a trip is ca. 3 hours in the forest and 5 hours with transportation from Helsinki (Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art) or Espoo. Read more about route and pickup points. Return to Helsinki is included.
Please, get acquainted to safety and general instructions for our day tours.
What is included
- Guiding and guide’s services
- Return transportation from Helsinki or Espoo. Private trips include pickup from your hotel or cruise ship. Read more about the route and pick up points
- Coffee/tea, juice, Karelian pastry and cinnamon roll on the break by the campfire
- Tasting of picked berries and mushrooms
- Rent of waterproof rubber boots and rain ponchos when needed
Photosback to top
Book a scheduled tripback to top
- few places
- fully booked
|Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:00 Fully booked|
|Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:00 Fully booked|
|Sat, 5 Oct 2019 10:00 Fully booked|
| Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:00 ( 85 €) |
|Sat, 19 Oct 2019 10:00 ( 85 €)|
|Sat, 26 Oct 2019 10:00 ( 85 €)|