This ski week program is an excellent way get acquainted to cross-country skiing in Lapland, scenic and peaceful Winter Wonderland. We start with basic exercise and when skiing skills are getting better every day it is time to go into the woods and fells. We learn traditional ski style and after learning basic skill we do relaxed ski trips having coffee and lunch breaks in small cabins and Lappish tepees. After a brisk skiing day we chill out in a bath in a sauna and have a delicious dinner. During the week we learn also about Lappish nature, culture and traditions.
- Guided cross-country ski week for beginners
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 skiing days
- Suitable for beginners and families with children
- Main guiding language is English, group size 2-12 persons
- Price 855 € / person
- Day 1 – Arrival Day: Transfer from Kittilä airport to destination by Jerisjärvi Lake next to Pallas‐Yllästunturi National Park. After the evening meal introduction to the week program. Evening meal and overnight stay.
- Day 2 – After breakfast we get acquainted to our ski equipment and start with basic practices on the yard and the frozen lake close by our basecamp. On the flat lake surface we practice cross‐country skiing on and off ski tracks. We also learn how to fall safely and get up after that. In the afternoon we make a break for lunch inside and after the break continue practice. After a day outside it is time for hot drinks and sauna.
- Day 3 – We continue practicing more on the ski tracks in a bit hilly ground. Our practicing is still basic training and we look into the kick and slide techniques. Day distance today is a few kilometers. Lunch and coffee/tea breaks at our base camp next to the lake.
- Day 4 – Today we will to see how far our new fresh skills will bring us. We make a ski tour 5‐15 km. On our way we make a lunch break at an open fire in a small wilderness hut. In the evening sauna and evening meal at the base camp.
- Day 5 – Our skiing skills are getting better every day and it is time to go even further into the woods and fells. Our day distance is 6 – 16 km – depending on the weather and our progression.
- Day 6 – Our ski tour brings us to the information center of Pallas‐Yllästunturi National Park. We visit the center and conquer one of the highest peaks of the Fell Pallastunturi, Lunch break at a Lappish teepee (kota in Finnish)
- Day 7 – During this last skiing day we make a longer tour from 12 – 18 km in the National park of Pallas‐Yllästunturi. We make our lunch break at open fire in a kota.
- Day 8 – Departure day. After breakfast the way back home begins. Transfer to Kittilä airport.
The program above is an example program and routing. More detailed information about the program on booking.
- Guided cross‐country skiing days, transfers to/from starting/ending point when needed
- Full board; breakfast, lunch bags/ picnic lunch, evening meal, sauna,
- Accommodation in cottages or in rooms for 2-3 persons.
- Rent of skiing equipment (Nordic cross-country skis, poles and ski boots)
- Return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
- Additional nights in Rauhala (full board), 88 € / night
Ask for our family and group offers.
How to get there
We start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä. Rauhala is located 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village) and 200 km from Rovaniemi. There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Starts:back to top
- Sat 16 Dec 2017 , confirmed , at least 3 places available
- Sat 27 Jan 2018 , confirmed , at least 3 places available
- Sat 24 Feb 2018 , confirmed , at least 3 places available
To make reservation enter your information in the form below, please. After receiving your reservation we will send you confirmation, more information and invoice for the reservation fee. Do not reserve flight or other tickets before receiving the confirmation.