This ski week program is an excellent way get acquainted to cross-country skiing in Lapland, scenic and peaceful Northern Winter Wonderland. We start with basic exercise and when skiing skills are getting better every day it is time to go further into the woods and fells. After two training days in the vicinity of our basecamp we head to a 4 days (3 nights) ski tour in stay overnight in cosy cottages.
We learn traditional ski style and after learning basic skill we do relaxed ski trips having coffee and lunch breaks in small cabins and Lappish tepees. After a brisk skiing day we chill out in a bath in a sauna and have a delicious dinner. During the week we learn also about Lappish nature, culture and traditions.
Program in a nutcell
- Guided cross-country ski week for beginners
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 skiing days
- Suitable for beginners and families with children
- Main guiding language is English, group size 2-12 persons
- Price 855 € / person
Programback to top
- Day 1 – Arrival Day: Transfer from Kittilä airport to Jerishovi Lodge by Jerisjärvi Lake next to Pallas‐Yllästunturi National Park. After the evening meal introduction to the week program. Evening meal and overnight stay.
- Day 2 – After breakfast, we get acquainted with our ski equipment and start with basic practices on the yard and the frozen lake close by our basecamp. On the flat lake surface, we practice cross‐country skiing on and off ski tracks. We also learn how to fall safely and get up after that. In the afternoon we make a break for lunch inside and after the break continue the practice. After a day outside it is time for hot drinks and sauna.
- Day 3 – We continue practicing more on the ski tracks in a bit hilly ground. Our practicing is still basic training and we look into the kick and slide techniques. Day distance today is a few kilometers. Lunch and coffee/tea breaks at our base camp next to the lake.
- Day 4 -Our skiing skills are getting better every day and it is time to go even further into the woods and fells. We pack the gear and wear we need during the rest of the week and ski to Pallasjärvi cabin. The luggage is taken there by service transportation. There is running water and electricity in the cabin but the toilets are outhouses and the sauna is also without running water. Accommodation is sleeping bags in rooms for 2-6 people. Dinner and sauna.
- Day 5 – The skiing tour continues from Pallasjärvi to Harrisaajo cabins. The cabins have electricity and running water. Dinner and sauna.
- Day 6 – Second day in Harrisaajo. We do a skiing day trip in the surrounding area. Dinner and sauna.
- Day 7 – On the final skiing day, the group returns to Pallastunturi. At the Information center of the Pallas-Ounastunturi National Park, we will have the possibility to learn more about the nature of this area, – it’s flora and fauna – from an exhibition and slide show. From the center will be picked up and transported back to Jerishovi lodge. Dinner and Sauna.
- Day 8 – Departure day. Breakfast and transfer to Kittilä Airport.
The program above is an example program and routing. Maximum group size is 12 persons. Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances, minor changes to the program are possible.
What is included
- Guided cross‐country skiing days, transfers to/from starting/ending point when needed
- Full board; breakfast, lunch bags/ picnic lunch, evening meal, sauna,
- Accommodation in cottages or in rooms for 2-3 persons in Jerishovi Lodge (nights 1,2,3 and 7) and in rooms for 2-6 persons in sleeping bags (night 4,5 and 6)
- Rent of skiing equipment (Nordic cross-country skis, poles and ski boots)
- Return transit from Kittilä Airport or Levi to Rauhala
- Additional nights in Rauhala (full board), 94 € / night (limited availability, check before booking)
- Rent of sleeping bag, 32 € / week
Photosback to top
Book a scheduled tripback to top
- few places
- fully booked
|Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - Sat, 22 Dec 2018 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 5 Jan 2019 - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 12 Jan 2019 - Sat, 19 Jan 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - Sat, 26 Jan 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 26 Jan 2019 - Sat, 2 Feb 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 2 Feb 2019 - Sat, 9 Feb 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 9 Feb 2019 - Sat, 16 Feb 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 13 Apr 2019 - Sat, 20 Apr 2019 Unconfirmed|
|Sat, 20 Apr 2019 - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 Unconfirmed|
If you are interested in an unconfirmed start date, please send us a request. Thank you!
Terms and conditionsback to top
Health, safety and insuranceAny medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy) or other issue which could influence performance during the trip as well as special diets should be informed to the organiser well before the tour. Take possible personal medication and prescriptions packed in a waterproof package. We recommend that you take an travel insurance with a cancellation cover for your flights and holiday. With an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can receive necessary medical treatment for free or at a reduced cost in Finland, however the card does not render travel insurance obsolete.
How to get thereWe start our tour from Rauhala Village in Kittilä, about 30 minutes drive from Kittilä Airport (KTT). We can arrange transfer from any flight arriving to or departing from Kittilä. Rauhala is located ca. 30 km from Levi Ski Resort and ca. 40 km from Ylläs Ski Resort (Äkäslompolo Village). There are several ways to get to Rauhala.
Price and reservation informationDeposit (reservation fee) is 200 € / person . Deposit is primarily paid with credit card on booking. Final payment is due 12 days prior to tour start and it can be paid with credit card or bank transfer (IBAN) . After you have reserved flight or other tickets, please send us arrival/departure times and flight codes, so we can pick you up right time from the airport or inform about arrival to Rauhala. Please inform us also any health/medical conditions or special diets, we should take into consideration. If the passenger cancels the booking for no particular reason (see Package Travel Act, § 15) at least 12 days before the departure date the cancellation cost is equal to booking fee. Later cancelations are assessed the entire program fee . Office fee is 75€/person (in case of changes or cancellations defined in Package Travel Act). The company (Netgalleria Oy - Feel The Nature Treks ) is a package holiday company registered by Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and it has lodged security against advance payments for travel. This tour is a package defined in Finnish Package Travel Act. For more information: http://www.kkv.fi/en/ . Due to the weather conditions and other circumstances changes to the program are possible.
Equipment and clothingback to top
Personal Equipment Check list
- Ski suit or other suitable outer layer (jacket, pants) clothing for skiing
- Woolly hat, warm ski gloves
- Long underwear
- Thin fleece and long sleeve thermal
- Scarf / hood
- Wind proof jacket with hood, scarf
- Socks – Medium thickness wool / synthetic socks or medium socks teamed with a liner.
- Backpack for day trips, Thermos bottle
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion
- Warm winter boots
- Comfortable clothing for cottage and evenings
- Flash light or headlamp
- Towels, toiletries
- Hut slippers
- Sleeping bag (night temperatures in the wilderness cabin can be between +10 – +15 °C)
- Personal medications, Basic first aid kit, Blister kit (athletic tape, Compeed)
Prepare for colder ski-days before mid-March with:
- warmer ski gloves/mittens
- extra second layer (synthetic/wool) or warmer ski suit
There is limited mobile coverage on the area. In some areas where you cannot make a phone call, you could anyway send/receive SMS.